CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Official First Year

Today, July 26 it will be my official one year anniversary with my love.

A YEAR? Seriously. It feels like just months ago we were just starting to date.

I can't believe how time flies but its been a heck of a ride so far.

A year ago I had just moved out and was so determined in my head to move to NYC after a year was up. I wanted to be an actress, a singer, a performer. I wanted nothing more than to leave PA and head out to big city of NYC and pursue my dreams. I had goals set, I had things set up in my head of what the year plan was. I told my family I was leaving in a year and I prepared my life for the unknown.

That was a year ago. A year ago I began officially dating my boyfriend, B. Once I started dating him my world changed. Sure I had told him that I was leaving in a year and we'll see what happens in a year. I told him of my plans and my goals. I was so gun hoe about my plans that I didn't see him fitting into my plans.


Us a year ago.


Unbeknownst to me my plans changed. I fell in love with the most incredible person. A person who now I can't see my life without. The person who helps me be a better person and the person who makes me the happiest I have ever been.

It recently occurred to me that maybe the reason why I was so determined to leave was because I hadn't found my happiness yet. I was determined to find my own happiness in another state and start fresh with the unknown. Maybe the reason why my plans changed was because I had found my happiness and my purpose here with B. Sure I want to act and still be a performer. That hasn't changed. I still want to pursue that but I couldn't imagine leaving without the love of my life now. My desire to leave and leave this life behind isn't my goal anymore. My goal now is to leave with the love of my life to a new state full of new opportunities and for us to start our life together. I'm open to pursuing my dreams and I'm open to his dreams as well.

His happiness and my happiness go hand in hand. I want the very best for him and him the same with me. Last year I was selfish and all about myself. I wanted everything for me. Last year I couldn't possibly imagine the life I have now. I couldn't imagine all the happiness I have. I couldn't imagine my life without him now.

I guess you never really know where a year will take you. God has his plans farther out than you can ever imagine. Isn't it funny how life can suddenly change? I guess you really never know what you're missing until you find it.

Happy 1 year anniversay! I love you to the moon and back and beyond. You are incredible. Forever and always, Your Love Sarah
Us back in May driving on vacation.More of a serious one.

0 comments: